RECIPE: A gloriously gratifying granola!
on 27 October 2017
Treat your body right this spring and prepare for summer with this gloriously gratifying granola recipe that will have you glowing from the inside out.
Packed with nutritious nuts and seeds it will keep you feeling motivated and energized all day long. Raw buckwheat provides a healthy alternative to oats if gluten free or simply wanting to try something new!
Buckwheat is full of essential minerals and high in protein.
2 cups of Woolworths Raw Oats or use Macro Organic Buckwheat Raw for a gluten free option.
200g Woolworths Natural Almonds (Roast them first for a nutty crunch)
100g Woolworths Macro Macadamia Kernels
1 Teaspoon of Woolworths Select Ground Cinnamon
Zest from one orange
2 generous tablespoons of Woolworths 100% Natural Maple Syrup
70g Woolworths Goji Berries
70g Woolworths Select Raisins
- Preheat your oven to 120 degrees
- Combine Oats or Buckwheat (if GF) in a bowl
- Next add the Almonds, Macadamias, Cinnamon and Orange Zest to the mix.
- Pour the maple syrup into the bowel and mix thoroughly until it coats the oats and nuts.
- Line two large trays with baking paper
- Spread the granola evenly over the two trays ensuring it is a thin layer only so it becomes nice and crispy!
- Toast the muesli for approximately an hour, or until the mix becomes delightfully golden brown. Check it every fifteen minutes and give it a mix to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Allow it to cool on the trays until crunchy and then add the dried fruits
- Pop it into a sealed container and enjoy!
Pop into Marketplace Gunghalin and visit Woolworths to purchase all of these ingredients and prepare yourself a scrumptious breakfast.
Why not make up a few extra batches, buy some pretty jars and get started on Christmas presents early!
Guest Blogger: Miriam Spira
Miriam is a recent return to Canberra, after living in Melbourne for six years post school. Miriam loves practicing yoga, swimming in the ocean and has recently taken up bouldering. She is also an avid enjoyer of good vegetarian food