What kinds of personal information are collected?
The type of personal information which Vinta may collect from you depends on your relationship with Vinta or the products, services or information that you request or which Vinta provides to you. This personal information may include:
• your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, fax number and date of birth;
• your tax file number and ABN;
• financial and trading information and your bank account details;
• your retailing experience;
• your gender;
• your profession, occupation or job title;
• your membership of professional associations;
• information relating to your identity such as driver’s licence and passport details;
• information relating to your income/credit status;
• your employment history, if you apply for a job with us;
• details of products and services we have provided to you;
• details of insurances you hold;
• your superannuation fund/s;
• information you provide to us through our website, other on-line facilities, our representatives or customer surveys;
• if you invest with us, information relating to you and your investments;
• your photo or image;
• employee background, health and medical information and
• if you are involved in an accident, health and medical information, witness statements, incident reports, CCTV footage and details of your accident.
Vinta generally only collects sensitive information (as defined in the Privacy Act) if it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions or activities and you consent to that collection or its collection by us is authorised by law.
How is personal information collected?
Vinta collects your personal information from you directly when you:
• complete an application form to work for us or lease or licence property from us;
• request certain information from our website or other on-line facilities;
• visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications;
• log on to our Wi-Fi in our properties or click on our other on-line media;
• purchase or redeem gift or loyalty cards;
• enrol or participate in surveys, questionnaires, competitions, customer programmes, clubs or our promotions;
• enter into contractual arrangements with us;
• participate in our induction procedures;
• contact or speak with us in relation to services or products we provide or things that may have happened in any of our properties;
• enter our properties and car parks (including completing our visitor registers);
• are involved in an accident or incident involving us; and
• authorise your representatives to provide it to us.
Vinta may also, with your consent or if we are authorised by law, collect your personal information from public or other sources or if it is unreasonable or impractical to obtain it directly from you.
Why is personal information collected, held, used or disclosed?
Vinta collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information in order to:
• learn of your likely preferences so we may promote our goods and services to you so they will be of most interest to you;
• assist in investigating and processing your complaints and enquiries;
• inform you of updates concerning our products and services;
• assess the performance of our websites, social media pages or mobile applications and to improve their performance;
• conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to other companies, contractors or service providers of the Vinta;
• assist in our marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control or research purposes;
• provide your updated personal information to our contractors and service providers in order for us to provide our products and services to you;
• update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
• establish, administer and facilitate any investment you may have in a Vinta fund (including monitoring, auditing and evaluating the fund);
• send you information and communications requested or authorised by you;
• process payments from and transfer money to you;
• promote goods and services to you and facilitate related companies of Vinta promoting goods and services to you;
• conduct research to improve our services and comply with our legal obligations;
• confirm you are complying with your legal obligations to us;
• confirm your eligibility (including your age), if purchasing restricted goods;
• provide employee-related services;
• carry out risk management and other activities, including incident investigation, claims management and litigation;
• to manage the security of our properties;
• assessing the suitability and ongoing performance of our employees, tenants, licensees, suppliers and contractors; and
• comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator or act in co-operation with any government authority.
You will have the choice to elect to receive some of the above communications either on the Vinta website at www.vinta.com.au, on-line or by mail, SMS or fax in accordance with applicable laws. Should you elect to receive any of the above communications, you will also have the option to 'opt out' of receiving them at any time in the future by unsubscribing from communications received electronically or by contacting Vinta at email@example.com.
Vinta is also required to collect certain personal information in order to comply with its legal obligations, including under the following legislation:
• Corporations Act 2001;
• Income Tax Assessment Acts 1936 and 1997;
• Taxation Administration Act 1953; and
• Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
Who is your personal information disclosed to?
Vinta does not disclose your personal information except as stated below.
We will only disclose your personal information in specific circumstances when:
• you agree to the disclosure;
• we use your personal information solely for the purpose for which we collected it; or
• disclosure is authorised or required by law.
To the extent permitted by law, we may disclose your personal information to:
• Vinta's related companies, entities and trusts;
• parties to whom Vinta has outsourced any of its functions or obligations;
• government agencies as part of our statutory obligations;
• agents and contractors that provide services to Vinta or perform functions on our behalf, including custodians, legal advisers, accountants, actuaries, insurers, website managers, IT system administrators, couriers, payment processors, debt collectors, insurers, process servers, claims management services and providers of internet, data storage and data access services;
• third parties such as consultants, agents, contractors, real estate agents, surveyors, and builders who provide services to the Vinta;
• valuers where Vinta is seeking to value one of its properties;
• banks, mortgage insurers and credit reporting agencies in relation to financial transactions relating to its properties;
• regulatory authorities where required by law;
• anyone else to whom you authorise Vinta to disclose your personal information; and
• anyone else required or authorised by law.
If any Vinta business, company or trust is sold or transferred to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation subject to your prior consent or if we are permitted by law.
You also consent to your personal information being transferred by the Promoter to its successors in title, assigns or future owner of the Centre.
Is your personal information disclosed overseas?
Vinta will not disclose your personal information to recipients located overseas.
How is your personal information held?
Vinta uses reasonable steps to protect your personal information held by us from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by taking precautions including:
• restricting access to personal information stored in Vinta's servers;
• imposing confidentiality requirements on its employees;
• requiring that its contractors and agents take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
• implementing electronic security systems, such as firewalls;
• ensuring that servers containing investor account information have security measures such as password protection; and
• controlling access to Vinta's offices.
No Vinta employee is able to access your personal information unless they require it for their duties. Vinta has passwords and security access ID’s in place to restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need it to perform their duties.
Accuracy of your personal information
Vinta aims to ensure that the personal information we keep about you is accurate, up to date and complete.
How can you access and correct personal information?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you have a right to access, update and seek correction of personal information that Vinta holds about you.
Vinta may recover from you reasonable costs of supplying you with access to your personal information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact Vinta's Privacy Officer via the contact details listed below. Your request will be dealt with as soon as reasonably practicable. If Vinta does not provide you with the requested access to, or correction for, the information it will generally notify you of the reasons for refusal to the extent required and what the next steps for you are.
If you believe Vinta has breached the Privacy Act or a registered code that binds us, please contact Vinta's Privacy Officer via the contact details listed below. Vinta may request that you put your complaint in writing. Vinta will endeavour to resolve your complaint in a reasonable time frame (usually within 30 days) and may contact you in order to obtain further details in order to provide you with a full and complete response. If you are not satisfied with the manner in which Vinta has handled your complaint, you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Privacy Officer Contact Details
To access or correct your personal information, to notify Vinta of a breach of the Privacy Act or a registered code or if you have any privacy related inquiries, please contact Vinta's Privacy Officer at PrivacyOfficer@vinta.com.au, Telephone No. (02) 9290 6000, GPO Box 5275 Sydney NSW 2000.
Links to other websites