Bring your winter wardrobe back to life
Don’t know about you, but with spring just around the corner, we’re getting a little bored of winter clothing. But it’s not quite time to break out the t-shirts and summer dresses, so what to do if you’re feeling uninspired by your wardrobe? Try layering. Layering an outfit makes it more interesting and also practical when you’re going in and out of heated buildings. Check out Suzanne Grae’s winter collection for everyday essentials that make layering easy.
- Get the basics right: the trick with layering is to make sure it doesn’t look bulky – some say never wear more than 3 layers and wear the thinnest one closest to your skin. Fitted or skinny jeans, trousers or leggings work well as they slim down your silhouette so you can then layer clothes on the upper part of your body. Try the Supersoft Jegging or Crop and Roll Jean from Suzanne Grae and pair with heeled boots from FSW Shoe Warehouse. Suzanne Grae also have a great range of basic tees in a variety of patterns, colours and fabrics, including a linen blend tee with easy care breathable fabric and a classic cut – requiring zero thought in the morning!
- Transeasonal style: as spring gets closer, you can create an outfit that’s half winter and half spring. Pair a Utility Shirt Dress with leggings and boots. Or jeans and ankle boots with a tee, cardigan and scarf. This allows you to mix up your wardrobe a bit while still being appropriately dressed for the weather.
- Light weight layers: fabrics such as cashmere and merino wool will keep you warm without adding bulk.
- Mix and match: when it comes to layering, almost anything goes, so mix and match colours, textures, lengths and cuts, and don’t be afraid to clash styles.
- Accessorise: a scarf, wrap or cape add warmth and style to an outfit – and you can easily take these off if the weather warms up.