Wondering how to survive the cold and flu season? Visit your local Soul Pattinson Chemist
, Gungahlin. The family owned discount pharmacy is your one-stop health shop – stock up on vitamins, supplements and moisturiser. And if the dreaded cold or flu does strike, Soul Pattinson have a wide range of treatments to help.
Steer clear of the Winter blues with these health-boosting tips:
- Wash your hands - a lot.
- Stay hydrated – try to drink at least eight glasses of water a day. If you don't like the taste, add a slice of lemon or sip your water hot with a bit of honey, or add honey and lemon to tea.
- Get some shut eye - make sure you get at least 8 hours sleep every night.
- Stay active – joining a gym is a good way to avoid the cold weather and shorter days of winter - Fernwood Gym has a great range of equipment and classes.
- To help strengthen your immune system, you can try supplements such as Echinacea and garlic tablets from Soul Pattinson Chemist.
- Eat nutrient-rich food – don't skimp on the vegies! Soup is the perfect food for Winter as its both warming and hydrating. Grab a bowl of Pho from Simply Pho, or try this hearty Chicken and Corn Noodle Soup.