Tips for choosing your wedding flowers
on 15 July 2015
Planning a wedding can be overwhelming. There are so many decisions to make - from your dress, to the venue to flower arrangements. Floral arrangements can set the style and tone of your big day, so it’s important to get it right. But with so many different types of flowers and styles of arrangements available, how do you decide? Follow these five tips to help you choose the perfect flowers for you, no matter what your style:
- Decide on a theme. Your flowers should complement your wedding decorations and venue, and are also an opportunity to add your own unique touch of style. Get clear on what you want and want sure your florist shares your vision.
- Do your research. The internet is full of ideas to inspire you. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, Pinterest is the perfect place to start – whether you choose a traditional, classic theme or you’re planning something more quirky and different, Pinterest is a wealth of nuptial inspiration all in one place.
- Set a budget. At a minimum, you’ll need to order a bridal bouquet, bouquets for bridesmaids, flower pins for the grooms, table centre-pieces…the list goes on. Flowers can be expensive so you need to determine how much you have to work with and then your florist can work to this.
- Choose your colours. Your florist can advise on the best flowers to complement your dress, the bridesmaid dresses, and the venue.
- Go seasonal. It seems obvious, but make sure your chosen flowers are in season! Otherwise you may have to pay extra.