On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...... a tropical twist on a sure-fire crowd pleaser.
Want to try your hand at making something really exotic this Christmas? From food expert Emily Nabors Hall at MyRecipe
, we are given this incredible combination of barbecue chicken, sliced fresh peaches, and feta cheese. Just whatever you do, don't try making it with canned peaches... that would be insane!
Barbecued Chicken with Peach and Feta Slaw Ingredients
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. broccoli slaw
- 3 (6-oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1-in. strips
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Combine 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add peaches and slaw to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes or until done.
- Place chicken in a large bowl.
- Add barbecue sauce to bowl; toss.
- Divide slaw mixture evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken strips. Sprinkle with chives, feta, and bacon.