On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me.... a fresh side to any meal, with a zesty finish that's sure to tickle the tastebuds of the whole table!
This is a delicious and healthy Italian-inspired side dish to accompany any great Aussie barbecue this Christmas. The recipe is courtesy of Pip and Ebby from Yummly
. We love the interplay of grape tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and tasty pesto (experiment with your favourite varieties of pesto to find the right taste). It's really easy to make and bursting with flavour.
Caprese Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 16 ounces rotini (cooked to al dente and drained)
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes (container, halved)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (package, pearls)
- 1/2 cups basil (fresh chopped)
- 1/4 cups pesto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill until ready to serve!