The new and improved Marketplace Gungahlin will include a 2-level, 505 space undercover carpark, linking to the existing Big W basement car park via an underground tunnel link. Construction of this tunnel link commences in October and requires a partial closure of Hibberson Street for approximately eight weeks, from Tuesday 13 October to Tuesday 8 December 2015. Please see the below map for details on the temporary traffic management plan.
Project Works include:
Trading as normal
- Establishing a site compound area on Hibberson Street
- Works to excavate and construct the tunnel will be conducted within this site compound area
- Closure of Hibberson Street to vehicular traffic from Gozzard Street to the pedestrian crossing between the Woolworths and Big W malls. This pedestrian crossing will remain open. A U-turning bay will be constructed for vehicular traffic travelling south along Hibberson Street towards The Marketplace
- Closure of Hibberson Street to pedestrian traffic within the site compound area
- As Hibberson Street will be closed within the site compound, pedestrian traffic on Hibberson Street will be redirected via The Marketplace Big W mall (through the new entry and the existing main entry)
- The Hibberson Street bus stop will be temporarily relocated to Gozzard Street near The Raiders Club during the underpass construction period.
The Centre will continue to trade through the construction period and customer access is guaranteed during core trading hours. To keep informed of construction progress or update, make sure you follow our Facebook
page. Should you have any concerns, please contact Centre Management on (02) 6123 4900. We thank you for your patience while we build a bigger and better shopping experience for our community.