On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...... a healthy appetite for oysters, fresh from the sea!
Seafod is practically considered a national fruit of Australia, and this new take on oysters, Kilpatrick style, will get your taste-buds tingling. We're using a recipe from Bunny Eats Design
, that uses Tamarind chutnry - but if you can't find it in your local supermarket, a citrus or even mango chutney works a treat as well!
Oysters Tamarind Kilpatrick Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoons Jenny’s Tamarind Chutney
- Rock salt or aluminium foil
- 12 half shell oysters
- Black pepper
- Lemon wedges and chopped coriander to serve
- Preheat grill (broiler) to 200°C.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan, on medium-high heat. Add bacon and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Add onion and cook for 1 minute until softened.
- In a small bowl, melt butter (microwave 10-20 seconds) then add Jenny’s Tamarind Chutney and the bacon and onion. Stir to combine.
- Lay rock salt or scrunched-up foil on a baking tray to form a stable surface to rest oysters on top in a single layer.
- Divide bacon and chutney mixture among the shells and grill for 4 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, scatter with chopped coriander and serve with lemon wedges on the side.