On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...... the most perfect dessert you ever did see (or taste!)
If there's a dessert more iconically Aussie than a fruit-covered pavlova, we're yet to try it. And this one from the team over at BMag
has to take the metaphorical cake - and trust us, it's easier to pull off than it looks!
The perfect Aussie Pav Ingredients
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp White Mill cornflour
- 300ml Farmdale thickened cream
- Fresh fruit, washed and sliced (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries & peaches)
- Baking paper
- In a small electric mixer bowl, beat egg whites on medium until soft peaks form.
- Add vinegar, cornflour and gently sprinkle sugar, one teaspoon at a time, beating until stiff and glossy (approx. 10 mins)
- Trace map of Australia onto baking paper and cut out shape.
- Place cut-out onto a baking tray and spoon meringue mix inside the map.
- Smooth sides and top of meringue with a spatula, leaving the centre slightly hollowed.
- Bake in over at 130°C for 1 ½ hours, or until pavlova is dry to the touch.
- Turn off oven and leave pavlova to cool with oven door ajar.
- Once cooled, place pavlova on a serving plate.
- Use electric mixer to whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently spread whipped cream on top of meringue and decorate with fresh fruit.