Contact details and opening hours
Contact Northside Psychology
30 & 33 Hibberson St, Gungahlin, ACT 2912
At Northside Psychology we provide psychological counselling services to children, adolescents, adults, couples and families.
All of our Psychologists are fully registered professionals under the National Registration Scheme and are registered Medicare providers. As members of the Australian Psychological Society, we are bound to follow the Society’s Code of Ethics.
We maintain the highest level of professional conduct, and provide a service that is understanding, non-judgmental and confidential, as set out in the Society's Code of Ethics.
Northside Psychology was established in November 2007. Since this time, the company has grown to accommodate a team of Psychologists and administrative staff.
- We work in a client centered way. We focus on our clients’ needs. We listen to our clients and help them attain the best results for their lives.
- We enable our clients to make informed choices in the therapeutic process;
- We strive to work for your best interests;
- We conduct ourselves with integrity;
- As members of the Australian Psychological Society, we maintain a professional and ethical standard of service that is understanding, non-judgmental and confidential, as set out in the Society’s Code of Ethics.
- To aid our clients in improving their quality of life;
- Provide a highly professional and caring environment;
- We seek to continually improve the effectiveness of our service.
WE PROVIDE COUNSELLING AND ASSESSMENTS FOR:
Children, Adolescents and Adults
- Confidentiality is of paramount importance at Northside Psychology.
- We adhere to a professional Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct in all matters, including confidentiality;
- Treatment and assessment records are kept secure.
We offer a broad range of psychological counselling strategies. We offer Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Mindfulness, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing and Hypnosis. We also use mindfulness, relaxation, and psycho-education.
We use a range of therapeutic models for couples counselling including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy and Emotionally Focused Therapy.
For families we use systemic approaches, as well as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy and Emotionally Focused Therapy.
WE SEE CLIENTS UNDER:
- Mental Health Treatment Plans (Medicare)
- Individual and group counselling sessions are eligible for a Medicare rebate if your GP, Psychiatrist or Pediatrician deems you eligible to have a Mental Health Treatment Plan
- With a Mental Health Treatment Plan, you are entitled to a rebate for up to 10 individual counselling sessions per calendar year. Your Psychologist will provide a progress report to your referring Doctor after the sixth session and you will need to see them for a review of the plan before the seventh session. The Mental Health Treatment Plan also allows you to access rebates for up to 10 group sessions per calendar year.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance and Compulsory Third Party Insurance. You may be eligible for psychological counselling if you have a Workers’ Compensation or Compulsory Third Party claim. You will need to discuss suitability for psychological counselling with your GP and /or Insurance claims manager. Northside Psychology must have approval from your Insurer in writing before we are able to provide services under your insurance claim.
- Private Health Insurance: Your Health Insurer may give you a rebate on our service, however this depends on your health fund and your level of cover. It is important that you find out exactly what mental health services your health insurance policy covers, by calling your health insurer directly.
- Employee Assistance: Occasionally we are asked to provide counselling services for employees as a part of their Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Please contact the Practice Manager to establish an EAP.
For more informaition please visit: www.northsidepsychology.com.au