Oznails is your one stop nail and waxing salon, all at an affordable price. Open 7 days, Oznails offers you a complete manicure and pedicure service. Their highly trained staff will advise you on the most suitable treatment for you – whether it be acrylic, gel or simply a shellac polish. The salon also offers a waxing service to help you keep looking your best. No appointment necessary. What is Shellac?
If you wear nail polish, you know how annoying it is when your fresh manicure is chipped. A manicure that lasts a week without chipping is just a dream…right? How about a polish that lasts at least two weeks without chipping? That’s where Shellac comes in. Shellac is the brand name for a new, patent pending nail product created by Creative Nail Design: a blend of gel and nail polish. Because it is a polish, it can't be used to make your nails longer, but it adds strength and durability. Shellac is hugely popular because it not only reduces chipping, so your polish lasts for longer, but it also dries quickly and is quicker to remove than gel polish. How is Shellac applied?
The product is applied similarly to nail polish on your natural nails, and no sculpting or filing is required. It is cured through UV lighting, just like Gels. Pros:
- A natural look with a shiny finish
- A flexible and durable product
- Your Shellac nail treatment should last up to 14 days, but most people find the polish stays in place for a full month.
- The removal technique doesn’t damage nails
- Once applied, Shellac is cured with UV light and dries in minutes
- Shellac won’t strengthen or lengthen your nails
- It’s only sold to licensed professionals and must be removed by a professional
- You must have healthy nails to wear Shellac