Welcome to Marketplace Gungahlin, a convenient, people-friendly shopping centre for the thriving town centre of Gungahlin. Marketplace Gungahlin is centrally located in the heart of a growing Town Centre,
with a wide-ranging catchment area expanding as far north as Yass at 50km north. Conveniently located to service the northern suburbs of Canberra,
Gungahlin is a thriving, vibrant Town Centre with ambitious development plans for residential, commercial and infrastructure growth. Historically, retail sites have been located in central and southern Canberra however the retail landscape is changing, with northern Canberra experiencing rapid growth.
Over the last decade, the Gungahlin Town Centre has transformed into a retail, employment and community hub for Northern Canberra. Did you know?
*1.5% Australian growth rate 12 months to Sept 14 and 1.2% ACT growth rate Source: ABS Census 2011; ACT Government, June 2011. Above numbers based on forecast population in 2016 by MacroPlan Dimasi.
- Gungahlin is the 3rd fastest growing region in Australia*
- 4% primary sector population growth 2016-2021
- $3.39 billion total retail expenditure of the main trade area by 2026
- +64% high employment professionals and managers
- +45% main trade area household income exceeds Australian average