Special recipes, secret sauces, traditional Portuguese cooking methods…
Oporto's Founder Antonio Cerqueira brought much more to Australia than just his accent, but he wasn't about to reveal the secrets of his unique, traditional chilli sauce to a soul! Instead, he opened his first Portuguese-style chicken restaurant on Sydney's famous Bondi Beach in 1986, stunning the locals' taste-buds and quickly gaining an ever-growing army of fans.
That first splash of Antonio's now legendary, almost addictive sauce has grown into a wave of great taste that now satisfies over 13 million people a year. Antonio's strict insistence on the highest standards of freshness and quality, his secret sauces and the genuinely relaxed, friendly atmosphere combine to make Oporto's fresh-not-frozen, grilled-not-fried chicken deliciously… irresistible!
Oporto's incredible flavour comes from:
- Real authentic-style fresh grilled chicken
- Secret marinades used before cooking the chicken
- Oporto's legendary Chilli, Lemon and Herb, Prego, Feisty BBQ, Herb and Garlic Aioli or Chipotle sauces which customers can add to chicken after cooking
The distinctive Oporto fresh-grilled chicken: after soaking up Oporto's secret marinade, chickens are then cooked Portuguese style: laid flat, then flame-seared on a char-grill. This reduces any fat and keeps the flavour in. The chicken is then flavoured with the customer's choice of legendary sauce.
Famous for their chicken burgers, Oporto also offer wraps, salads, chicken pieces, bites and snacks, breakfast, and a range of tempting sides. So whether you’re after breakfast, lunch or dinner, Oporto has got you covered. Flame Rewards
Join Oporto’s rewards program and you’ll earn Flame points with every dollar you spend in-store. You’ll enjoy:
- A $5 voucher when you register
- A FREE meal on your birthday
- Exclusive member offers, events and competitions
- Earning points you can swap for delicious Oporto